Monday 26 March 2012

Ultraviolet book review!

Hey guys two book reviews for you today. First 'I know what you did last summer' by Lois Duncan. This book was a easy read and at only 211 pages it was also a quick read. It is very different from the film. This book is more of a thriller than a horror. I wouldn't really recommend it was it was pretty forgettable.

 I have literally just finished Ultraviolet by R.J Anderson. This was a great book. It goes pretty weird in the last few chapters and you have to trust the writer to pull it back, I think she manages it! The first and last chapters of these books are extremely powerful. The story is about a girl with a fascinating condition called synesthesia (this is where people associate colours or tastes with different words, numbers and letters).

The blurb reads:
Once upon a time there was a girl who was special. This is not her story. Unless you count the part where I kill her.

If you don't want to read the book after that your harder to impress than me!!

Happy reading!!
Till next time :)
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I've had this one on my to-read list for awhile now, it sounds so good! And the description definitely got me too. Glad to see you liked it, I really need to read this on sometime.

    ReplyDelete